Shaded view - Flicker in Shaded mode

Very annoying flickering in Shaded mode. Have updated driver for GTX 1080 gpu. Sometimes goes away on Rhino 6 restart. Bug?

Not enough detail provided to guess.

How many screens are you driving and at what resolution?
Are you using high resolution image files in the drawing?
Do all files act this way or just this one?

Sorry for delay. It seems to come and go.

I have my laptop (which may be the culprit) with GTX 1080 driving a 4K monitor. No Hi-Res files in drawing.

I’m also having an issue where my Viewports will sometimes not show me geometry - it looks as though there’s a magic invisible plane that’s cutting the geometry - I’ll take a screengrab next time it happens.

Let’s finish the previous questions please.

Does this flickering happen in all files or just specific ones?
When it happens, are you running multiple sessions of Rhino or just one?
When it happens, are you running other display intensive applications?
When the flickering starts, what do you do to make it stop?

How old are the display drivers for you GeForce card?
Is your Windows up to date?

Does this flickering happen in all files or just specific ones? CAN’T SEE A PATTERN. JUST HAPPENS SOMETIMES.
When it happens, are you running multiple sessions of Rhino or just one? I HAVEN’T KEPT TABS ON EXACTLY THE CIRCUMSTANCES
When it happens, are you running other display intensive applications? NO
When the flickering starts, what do you do to make it stop? RESTART RHINO6

How old are the display drivers for you GeForce card? UP-TO-DATE
Is your Windows up to date? YES

Thanks for the details.
Very strange.
Since restarting Rhino sorts it, are you running any plug-ins?
If you are, it would be useful to know if not loading them has any affect on the flickering.

Thanks

Only Plugin is Vray 3.6 - I haven’t seen flickering since yesterday. When it starts again, I’ll try shutting off Vray, etc.

And feel free to Bump this, but here’s a screenshot of what happens when I have that weird plane cutting through my scene in Detail

SPECS: I have it on “Render” view. I have Vray as my current renderer. I have Vray materials on geo. I have not been able to check if this happens if I redo all materials in rhino material. I have tried switching to Rhino as renderer, and no change.

If I go into Detail and select my saved view again, it will usually go back to being ok again. (That image also attached)

That white thing in the BGis the craziness.

I suppose that could be a ClippingPlane, or it could be a “leaking” render mesh from a bad object.
Does SelBadObjects select anything?
Do you have any ClippingPlanes in your file?
Another possibility is if you are zoomed in close in a much larger file.
Is this a big building model and you’re just rendering in a small room?

1. Select the whole model

2. move

3. select corner

4. move to 0,0,0

5. enjoy