Selection filters?

Are these available? IE, tell Rhino that you only want the mouse to select curves, or meshes, etc? I know you can select ALL objects of one type (SelCrv for example), but that doesn’t seem to be very useful - usually I just want to filter the mouse selection so that I don’t have to worry about picking surfaces when I only want to select certain curves…

thanks-
david

Hi David- it looks like that is not in Rhino for Mac yet. It is a feature of Windows Rhino. (SelectionFilter)

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal. How about being able to filter what we see in a given viewport? IE, turn off surface display in a given viewport? I guess this could be in the Viewport Properties panel.

-d

To an extent you can do this in the Display panel in the docking panels on the right. See that?

-Pascal

Yes thanks - I see this. Surface isoparms and Surface edges is useful, but why not just a ‘Surfaces’ checkbox as well, to turn them off completely from the viewport?

Has there been any progress on this? Such a filter would be very welcome.

Unfortunately not. You can watch this issue (MR-692) on our TODO list/bug tracker and get updates/emails when the item “budges.”