Saved layer visibility sets

Nobody else suffering this problem? It is really a serious bug, it corrupted my file…

1 Like

it’s a pretty serious bug but the fix I found was suggested I think by @John_Brock which is to create a new file and import the old into it.

Then stay well clear of saved layer states until the bug is fixed!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I did. But it could get complicated if all your viewport get corrupted, because you can not close viewport on the mac…

josé

1 Like

Add me to the list.

I’m currently working on a flat ground- floor drawing with a modest couple of layers and not too many lines. I have imported a dwg for the surroundings, but again it contains a reasonable amount of curves.
Coming from AutoCad, I am very used to ‘layer states’ and ‘isolate layers’.

My hardware is an 2011 27 inch iMac 3,4GHZ, 16 GB RAM.

When I use the layerstatemanager the whole drawing gets corrupted.
Once restoring a layer state, colors and visibility of individual layers cannot be changed any longer. Layerstates cannot be updated.

The only remedy is to revert my drawing to an earlier state.
It is clearly a bug. Please take care of it.

1 Like

Hi again.

Tried to get layerstatemanager working with a fresh file using just few layers and lines.
Here’s my setup:

Then I created a couple of layer states where I tried to change layer properties after restoring them.
In this screenshot I tried to change layercolor but the polyline would not display it properly.

The same applies to layer visibility. It cannot be changed anymore after restoring any layer state:

I would really love to see this fixed, please.

1 Like

I have had serious problems with LayerStateManager, see this thread. I am staying away from using it now.

Max.

2 Likes

Any news regarding this bug? I’ve been away from the forum for a while but I couldn’t find anything using the search.

Thanks,
José

2 Likes

I confirm that this bug is still present in the current 5.2 WIP. Does anyone from McNeel has been able to reproduce this bug?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a bit frustrating that no bug fix has been released

1 Like

I’ve filed a bug report on this as I could not find anything with respect to this behavior in our bugtracker: http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-2612

I’ve verified some of this behavior, especially when it comes to getting layers to appropriately display their geometry after a layer state has been activated which has them off.

2 Likes

@fraguada that’s good. It is a shame it took 4 months for it to be taken seriously though!

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen twice now to the same project in V5.1. It has happened each time after using the LayerStateManager. The first I had to export/import into a new file to leave the damaged viewports behind. I wish I could just delete the problem viewports.

1 Like