Not sure if I explained right. See if I can break it down.
- I have a soccer ball model, representing the Earth.
- It is made up of a series of Hexagon and Pentagon surfaces.
- I want each surface to have a different part of the Earth UV mapped onto it.
- I unwrap each surface (32 in all) and go into UV Editor.
- I load the image for that surface and after some juggling with the UV rectangle I get them lined up.
- I go to the next surface, repeat the earlier steps and lo and behold, the new image I just loaded gets mapped onto ALL the surfaces,
- I select different image, same thing.
I’ve tried channels, different mapping methods, no matter what I do, I can’t get each surface to get its own image. It just keeps duplicating things, the manual isn’t very helpful it only covers the basic things, and I am not sure how channels are supposed to help, it seems like they should be able to each have its own image, and when I change the channel it should change the displayed images… I cannot figure out how to link each image to a channel or if I am supposed to.
Please tell me I am missing something simple in the whole process.
PS, also when I hit apply in the uv editor NO images are displayed on my surfaces, is that right?