Roundhole should ignore the Cplane

I recall this problem early on with V4 or V5 as well. Roundhole should always create holes normal to the surface that is selected, not in the active Cplane.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

There is the “Direction” option that you can set to SrfNormal to achieve what you are after.

1 Like

Hi Rajaa,

Yes, you are correct. My apologies. I guess at one point in time I must have set that and then totally forgot that that was an option.

Thanks for the reminder,

Dan

I also have encountered a problem with RoundHole.

I am creating blind drilled holes in a surface. RoundHole allows for DrillPointAngle but ignores it and creates a squared off hole.

It shows the drill point angle in the construction form, but once placed, the created hole has a square bottom.

After adding the picture, I proceeded to add a truncated cone to the bottom of the hole to properly depict a drilled hole. When I used union to combine the 2 solids, it removed the truncated cone. I had to remove the common faces and then Join.

Hi Robert - so far I am not able to reproduce this - do you see the drill point angle in the preview, or not at all?

-Pascal

In the preview.

I am running BETA (6.0.17332.10241, 11/28/2017)

HMMM

Hi Robert - can you post or send to tech@mcneel.com the actual object you’ve got when this happens? Does it happen in any file?

thanks,

-Pascal

Now I can’t get it to do it either. Must have been a Gremlin.

The only evidence I now have of it is the screen dump I posted with my post. Showing the construction preview and the resulting hole.

What was weird was that when I added a truncated cone to the end of the (apparently) squared off hole, then unioned the two together, the truncated cone disappeared. I had to remove the coincident faces between the hole and the cone and join.

I will continue to play with it and if I can get it to reproduce, I’ll let you know.

Best Regards,

Robert Janisse,
Redoe Mold Texas.
7160 Copperqueen Dr
El Paso, TX 79915
ph. (915) 307-3949, x3003
www.RedoeGroup.comhttp://www.redoegroup.com/
[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.png@01CC19F3.AE49C800]Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este email.
Considérez svp l’environnement avant d’imprimer cet email.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.
No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software