Drill point angle issue

Hi guys. I am occasionally having issues with my drill point angle when using the Round Hole command. It seems hit and miss on whether I get the correct drill point angle or not. I just had an instance where I put the hole in, undid the hole and then came back to put the hole in (all inputs the same) and the resulting hole is flat rather then the specified 118. ?

I don’t think I’ve heard this before… f you can repeat this, please give us the blow by blow - there’s a good chance we can fix it if we can repeat it.

thanks,

-Pascal

Command: _RoundHole
Select target surface:
Center point ( Diameter=3.6 DrillPointAngle=180 Through=Yes Direction=CPlaneNormal ): Through=No
Center point ( Depth=2.5 Diameter=3.6 DrillPointAngle=180 Through=No Direction=CPlaneNormal ): DrillPointAngle
DrillPointAngle <180>: 118
Center point ( Depth=2.5 Diameter=3.6 DrillPointAngle=118 Through=No Direction=CPlaneNormal ): Depth
First depth point <2.50000>: 1
Center point ( Depth=1 Diameter=3.6 DrillPointAngle=118 Through=No Direction=CPlaneNormal ): Diameter
First diameter point <3.60000> ( Radius ): 20MM
Center point ( Depth=1 Diameter=0.787402 DrillPointAngle=118 Through=No Direction=CPlaneNormal ):
Center point ( Depth=1 Diameter=0.787402 DrillPointAngle=118 Through=No Undo Direction=CPlaneNormal ):
Center point ( Depth=1 Diameter=0.787402 DrillPointAngle=118 Through=No Undo Direction=CPlaneNormal ):
Creating meshes… Press Esc to cancel
Command: _Hide

The two center holes are the ones that were to have the 118 drill angle. They are instead flat.

This is an issue I encounter regularly when trying to apply the drill point to blind holes. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Lately I am using macros to model my standard holes and so I’m using this command less, hence my delay in posting this.

Just an update to this issue. I think I have figured it out. If I have direction set to Cplane and select a face that the z direction is negative to I do not get the specified drill point angle for the blind hole but a flat blind hole. I have started using the direction set to SrfNormal and have not encountered this issue.