Ripple/Raindrop Pattern

I’m not inclined to revisit this topic in depth but a quick scan of some of the code I referred to tells me you’ll be better off skipping the earlier work that depends on Graph Mapper and start with this post that uses an alternative way of generating a damped sine wave from David Rutten:

This post (below) and others that follow it don’t use Graph Mapper so offer the potential of more flexible control but I confess, they aren’t easy to understand:

Beginning in ripples_2019Jun06a.gh and ripples_2019Jun06b.gh, a switch between “Config” (cyan group) and “Scale” (yellow group) is offered with a ten second (!) Data Dam that delays putting into effect any parameter changes. That can be confusing.

Some of the later posts in that thread (June 7 and after) mention extremely long elapsed times for high resolution models, which is probably the reason for the Data Dam.

The thread gets into the weeds offering a “Ripple Preview” feature and ripple patterns that span multiple panels, along with other refinements. I’d have to dig in deep to understand it myself at this point.

Good luck.

3 Likes