RhinoWIP + Grasshopper + Kangaroo2

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this as I don’t know where the problem lies but using Kangaroo 2 with RhinoWIP and the GrasshopperWIP causes some serious issues with display.

Rotating, zooming, panning the viewport works but with a rather long initial lag.

Also can’t get the kangaroo 2 “Grab” component to work in order to interactively define anchor points from Rhino viewport.

Any ideas?

Mentioning @DanielPiker in case he has any input

1 Like

Hi. I can confirm that the Kangaroo dragging is not working with the Rhino WIP. Not sure why yet, but I’m looking into it. This is probably also the cause of the viewport lag. Try removing the grab component from the definition to see if that speeds things up.

Hi @danielpiker1,

Removing the grab component does indeed speed things up.

I am reviewing some exception reports and a Kanagroo that was built for Rhino 5 is being loaded into Rhino 6. The grab component is throwing a missing method exception because the MouseCallback class has changed and no longer uses System.Windows.Forms classes. The exceptions look like…

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons Rhino.UI.MouseCallbackEventArgs.get_Button()’.]
Kangaroo2Component.ConstraintComponents.GrabComponent+FeedBack.OnMouseUp(MouseCallbackEventArgs e):-1
Rhino.Display.RhinoView.MouseCallbackHelper(EventHandler`1 handler, UInt32 viewSerialNumber, UInt32 flags, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 cancel):27

I’m working on a way to make these exception get pushed into youtrack.

Here’s the youtrack issue
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-30114