Rhino to Blender Cycles?

For importing and exporting mesh fast into Blender and from Blender, I created this script thread:

is there already a 100% functional version of this plug-in?

how do i install?

Hi, Nathan,

thank you for all the instructions! I’ve tried the latest version of 7.0 but it still doesn’t work for me.
after I installed it, the message shows:


and I don’t see the add on import 3dm option in the list even after restart blender. I was trying to find the 6.0 but couldnt download it.

Thank you!

Make sure you download from https://github.com/jesterKing/import_3dm/releases/latest

Yea I did. but for some reason it still shows the same message. I followed the instruction of Preparation steps MacOS and here is the screenshotScreen Shot 2020-08-23 at 1.20.17 PM I didn’t upgrade it though. Should I?

Or is it a Blender 2.83 thing? It doesn’t look like I can download 2.80 anymore.

In fact, I just got rid of blender 2.83 and installed 2.9 and it did work! Thank you, Nathan!

Weird, it should work for Mac and Windows by just installing the zip files. All dependencies are included. I tested it on 2.83. Maybe Blender gets confused by the outdated instructions.