Rhino made my childhood dream come true

Bimo Adi Prakoso, It’s nice to meet someone somewhere on the planet who shares similar experiences and thoughts with me. I could see your passion and hard work for RC airplanes by looking at your site. There is a lot to watch and judge, so I will take time and watch it slowly. It’s great to see the dreams of childhood come true with the students. From afar, I hope your work goes well. I’m not familiar with English, so I won’t be able to post often, but I’ll try to visit the site often.

1 Like

Nickpledge,It’s an honor to compare it to a banana. A little less than a banana… Thank you~

1 Like

Luifantasy, I was working on an old computer. Ryzen 7 1st Gen, Geforce 1060, 16g ram, 512 ssd. A bit slow, but not bad to work with. It’s a sorry that Maxwell Render is slow, but I considering upgrading once the graphics card price has stabilized.

1 Like

Hilarious!

1 Like

That’s awesome.

Reminds me of Robot Jox or Pacific Rim

1 Like

There’s an older pluralsight tutorial by @jean77flip called something like “learning to work efficiently in rhino”. It walks you through modeling a much simpler robot than this, but it also teaches most of the important surface creation techniques, and more importantly it has a lot of tips that will get you started towards getting very fast with Rhino by customizing your interface and keyboard commands.

It’s hard to find on the Pluralsight homepage, so here’s a link: https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/learning-work-quickly-efficiently-rhino-1850

This is one of the only paid rhino tutorials that helped me make a leap forward, rather than a small step. There are a lot of grasshopper tutorials that have been very helpful, but with Rhino it seems a little rarer.

I am almost new to Rhino and am interested design a robot like this. I am waiting for you to teach me what I should do?

Please, explain in detail and step by step?

Thank you beforehand :slight_smile:

1 Like

@11150 Inspiring! You’re amazing!

Here’s my 15 minute robot in Grasshopper, new model… Starts somewhere! :space_invader:

In reply to Ignacio, how hard can it be right?

Vitruvian Base.gh (28.5 KB)

We just need to add features now… Hope it’s self-explanatory. Now comes the scary part, the features… Rotating limbs (lots of sauce to come - need to research how they link limbs IRL and in GH). Then a module for the right left toe right? That’s gonna be a module per bone (simplified) etc… Anyone done this kind of thing? Tips welcome!

1 Like

@11150 How long did it take to make your model?

Is it hard to move a leg or an arm to make another pose?

1 Like

It’s hard to say exactly how long. To be honest, I’m still in the process of fixing it. Since it is a personal project, the completion may be unfinished at any time. Different poses are possible. Because the frame is inside. I am very sorry for the late reply.

I’ll try to make a page that can explain what I’ve been working on in the near future. Thank you very much for your interest.

1 Like

Thank you so much, senior :slight_smile:

I think, not only me but also many users here are eager to learn your great, complicated and artful techniques, partially.

I will gladly attend your class

Meanwhile, how cute baby you were :slight_smile:

1 Like

우와! the-o다! 완전 똑같아요!!!

1 Like

I’d love to see this beautiful model with some v8 wip flair styles applied to it!

1 Like

Where did you learn how to do this. I am having some troubles. any tips?

1 Like

I got a little better after practicing for a long time. I think it took 3 days to make that cup, but I still don’t understand. If you have any questions, you can ask at any time. I’m sorry for the very, very late reply.

I’m sorry for the very, very late reply. For some reason I couldn’t log in, so I had to go back. I will try it when Rhino 9 Wip comes out. Thank you for the good suggestion. I too am curious to see what the results will be. Happy New Year~

고맙습니다. 멋진 디오를 만들고 싶었는데, 개인적으로 조금 괜찮은 모델인 듯 하여 아쉬우면서 만족하고 있습니다. 다음을 기약해 보려고 합니다. 새해 복 많이 받으세요!