Rhino Flamingo 5.0 Material will not scale

I simply would like a smaller leather texture. But even though I see the Size numbers reduced under the Mapping tab, and in WCS, the end out put remains the same?

The basic Rhino materials in the library aren’t going to work as well with Flamingo as a native Flamingo material. If you want to change the tiling you’ll have to select the object and in Properties>TextureMapping, assign a new box mapping method for the object. This is what Flamingo uses by default but based on world coordinates. Then use the UVW repeat values for that new mapping assignment.

Instead of starting with this leather I’d suggest using the one in the Flamingo materials link located in the Library panel in v5>Flamingo Materials>Fabrics and Leathers>Leather Natural. Then you can edit the scale as you were trying to in the Materials panel by controlling the tile width and height for the Flamingo image texture in it.

Hi Dan - am I correct that you are not using the Flamingo leather material here, from

C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Flamingo nXt\Libraries\en-US\Materials\Fabrics and Leather

?

-Pascal

Thanks.
Yes, I am using the C:\Users\dande\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Localization\en-US\Render Content materials.
After the forced upgrade to 5.0 when we reloaded a new computer the leather at
C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Flamingo nXt\Libraries\en-US\Materials
locked up my entire Rhino file, and multiple attempts thereafter.
After rebuilding the assembly and using the Rhino library there have been no problems.
I will try the tiling method noted.

Mine locks to 300/300 but with a little fiddling it seems that if you change the number, it does actually render at the number you set even though the displayed 300/300 is still there. Very frustrating. This sucks because I was kind of forced to upgrade and we use material textures all the time.