Rhino.exe won't quit after exiting WIP

Continuing the discussion from Crash when closing file:

On Windows 7 Professional SP1:

Since a WIP from November, most of the time when I close the Rhino WIP, its Rhino.exe runs at its full thread (25% on my machine), but with no significant change in memory consumption, until I end its process via the Task Manager. It doesn’t matter whether I open and work on a model or just open a template and immediately close Rhino. A 0 byte RhinoCrashDump.dmp, which is file-locked while Rhino.exe exists, is created on the Desktop. I’ve left Rhino.exe running for well over an hour, but it still doesn’t end on its own. If I leave Rhino.exe running and start and close another WIP, another Rhino.exe may also remain running at its full thread.

Thank you,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Are you running any custom plug-ins? If you run the WIP without loading custom plug-ins, does it shut down normally?

– Dale

I had a couple of custom plug-ins enabled. I disabled them, and the WIP did as described above 8 out of 10 times.

On one of the times, “Rhinoceros 6 Developer Build has stopped working” and “Do you want to send more information about the problem?” windows appeared. I get these periodically, but not as often as the other problem. I clicked “Cancel”, and Rhino.exe ended on its own and RhinoCrashDump.dmp disappeared.

Another time, the preceding windows and “McNeel Error Reporting” appeared.