Rhino Cycles interior Scene

(CLOSED)
Image B: Cycles. Removed the ceiling illumination and rebalanced lighting (sun+skydome) with light portals at the windows. This render took 47min on GPU (2hr 23min on CPU).

Image C: This is a render done in Bella, trying to keep the materials as close as possible, but it’s not perfectly identical.

Image A: Cycles with ceiling lights on, but I run on the Cycles lights count limitation. The six ceiling lights have to be surface emitters and run out the quota so the intensity of the other lights (notably the sun) can not be adjusted any brighter.

Image B (Cycles-2hr 23min on CPU) (47min GPU)

Image C (Bella-1hr34min using Ares engine CPU) (N/A GPU)

Image A (Cycles with ceiling lights)

31 Likes

Looks great! I like the overall melancholic atmosphere and the depth of field effect!
The slate is superb. Seems like they had a beginner French lesson. :slight_smile:
The walls and ceiling look a little noisy, but that’s nothing that can’t be easily remedied with a denoiser or a higher samples count.

Indeed, the ceiling texture needs adjustment. The noise needs a little more than the 30 min I gave it. I will try this with Bella these days and see if it goes any faster.

Nice!!!
The outside seems very saturated, is that an image?

And if you tried with the Intel Denoiser?

Added a Cycles render with emphasis on sunlight and a corresponding Bella render trying to make its materials as closely matching as practicable.

Wait… were these renderings done in Rhino Cycles? ( … says a person who gave up Rhino renderer for yrs…)

1 Like

A and B are Rhino/Cycles. C is not.

1 Like

Impressive…You changed my mind on Rhino’s render capacity… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it goes far now in Rhino7, but arguably it’s no longer a Rhino render because that engine has been retired in favor of Cycles (from Blender) adopted to the Rhino interface.

One thing to note is that it doesn’t do indirect caustics.

1 Like

come back and give it a go… rhino render is a whole new world! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, with rhino 7 it is time to take a fresh look at rendering again. Alot had changed.

1 Like

Indeed…

Was this rendered in Rhino or Blender?

If Rhino, how did you import the scene?

1 Like

It was imported as an obj, but don’t expect the materials to work because Blender’s material are structured as nodes.

1 Like

Thanks - what materials did you have to remap / rebuild?

Non of the textures are linked. So you do that for all.
All come in as “Custom”, so it’s preferable to make them an appropriate type; like Physically based, metal, etc

Ok, understood.

My question would be then - what’s the purpose of bringing in the scene from Blender? Not sure if it was just to test the rendering out. I’d be interested in the system specs too!

Not comfortable with Blender’s UI. Testing Rhino7 SubD. Testing Rendering within Rhino. Testing materials. Testing Bella rendering. etc (4800H and RTX2060)

2 Likes

@ThomasAn woahhhh what, are you going to do a step by step video walk through of this?!?!

Awesome Work!

I like (C) Ares’s contrast and cool color.
Can it be that the sun shaft is a bit too low?

The focal length is far (I like it) for this effect but: Just to show more air what you can try is to add little mesh as particles with the shape of very small short hair rolled up in big quantity density. Or just triangle mesh. There are chances that became more realistic.