I test the new Rhino Rendering WIP and denoiser last night (4hs) and I try to reproduce the same image that I made before when I was making the textures in Substance Painter using Iray. I use maximum quality I was able to set and about 300 steps.
- I love the idea of components inside the shader and Package manager.
- I try to mix Sunlight (and shadow) with background light (shadows) to get a mix of shadows. but I fail
- Somehow how the wood texture detail was not popping up.
- I was not able to find a hue post-process effect to control light temperature filter and saturation.
- Sometimes I make a custom shader and in it, I add more coat reflection mask on the outline rim and much transparency in the center of the shader.
A later second attempt with sun direct light and mixing the two Photoshop plus adding corrections as much as I can to achieve the gold.
A third attempt using Nathan suggestion
And down here is my gold target made using S. Painter Iray.