Rhino 8 WIP doesn’t work with 3Dconnexion mouse

Hi there!

Anyone that has 3D Connexion mouse is experiencing issues with Rhino 8 WIP. Mine is not working and also if open Rhino 7 together it will make stop working in rhino 7 as well.

So I have to close all two version and reopen 7 again to get it to work again.

Is is a driver issue or Rhino 8 still doest support 3D Connexion?

Thanks

James

It works fine for me. I have the 3Dconnexion driver installed with two mice, keyboard, numpad and a space navigator.

1 Like

I use it without the driver installed on Windows, works fine too (I actually prefer it without the driver). That is SpacePilot Pro, btw.

1 Like

Yes, it is a known issue discussed in the thread below:
Rhino WIP : Spacemouse Jumps - Serengeti (Rhino WIP) - McNeel Forum

The solution is to disable Vertical Sync “V-sync” in Nvidia Control Panel.

Other issues maybe related to outdated drivers, make sure everything is updated

2 Likes

You should also be able to stop and start the driver woth the 3dconnexion software, might save you having to do a software restart. Haven’t used mine lately in the WIP, since I’m now doing 2D work first.

1 Like

thanks for you help mate!

but that didnt work for me. Actually, something was wrong with my pc, the driver wasnt even updating for some reason so I prefered to do a clean install of windows and reinstall everything again.

Now its working.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thats interesting. The only reason I install the driver is because I find it more intuitive some motions on reverse mode. i guess my brain is in reverse mode actually hahaha nut now its working. Thanks mate

Can you still use the two buttons on the Space Navigator without having the driver installed?

I mainly use it for navigating in Rhino to be honest. The buttons I use in Blender, without the drivers. Long ago I helped integrate NDOF code to have these work natively in Blender.

2 Likes

I salute and thank you for that! :saluting_face: