Rhino 7 slow to start

I’m finding Rhino 7 to take a really long time to start, sometimes several minutes or more. Nothing seems to happen at all and then all of a sudden it pops up. Curiously, once it has been loaded up recently, it opens in the expected time frame. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam - any non-default plug-ins we can start pointing the finger at?

-Pascal

Just my own, but it has never caused a problem in any previous versions of rhino, and it doesn’t try to contact a license server or anything like that.

I guess the first thing to try is blocking these, and closing and restarting Rhino…

-Pascal

I disabled my plugin (only non default plugin), restarted my computer, waited for it to be running nicely, then opened rhino, took 3 minutes to open. I closed it and reopened and it did so in a few seconds.

Hi Sam - if the splash screen is visible, it should tell you what it is doing:

Anything of interest there?

-Pascal

Splash screen doesn’t come up until right before it loads. Nothing happens for quite a while.

Hi Sam -
Does it start faster if you start it in safe mode?
-wim

Still same issue with safe mode.

Last night it started fast. But back to the delay this morning. Identical approach: restart computer, wait till things are settled down, and load rhino.

And as I mentioned before, when it is slow to load, I can close it and reopen and it opens right away. Makes me think some kind of license server issue…

1 Like