For the last few months, Rhino is sometimes very slow to load:
- after clicking on the icon, or a .3dm, rhino object appears as a background process but does not actually start.
- after several minutes I get a system prompt saying that ‘the action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘switch to’ activate the busy program and correct the problem’
- choosing switch to does nothing
- I wait longer, sometimes an hour, then it starts and works perfectly.
Many years ago (around 8-10 or so) I had the same problem and never quite got to the bottom of it, but it went away.
I have tried the following so far:
- loaded it in safe mode. It starts, but of course then doesn’t really work because you can’t actually work in safe mode. I 2. don’t have any plug ins anyway.
- I’ve uninstalled, re-installed.
- turned off the antivirus software etc.
- run it not connected to a network (no difference and not a solution of course)
Thanks for your help in advance.