Rhino 6: customer can't save

Hi @pascal,

today I’ve got a customer call, that Rhino 6 doesn’t save anymore. I’ve asked if he has installed dropbox (no, dropbox is not installed.). He uses (6.1.18037.13441, 06.02.2018).

Also copying to another session doesn’t really work. Only some circles are copied with the clipboard, but not the whole model.

The customer had luck, finally he was able to export everything as Rhino 5-3dm file (only). Here are his system information: system.txt (1.8 KB)

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Hi Michael - thanks - does saving to the desktop work? Just making sure to check that. Also is GoogleDrive or GoogleStream installed? That may be convered in your DropBox comment but just making sure that no other file synching applications are running.

thanks,

-Pascal

@brian, just fyi on this one… Anything else I should check on?

Hi Pascal,

I will ask.

Thank you very much

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

The file this happens with, was it started from a Rhino 5 file, or was something from a Rhino 5 file imported or linked in?

Hi Nathan and Pascal,

the customer says:

1. He was not able to save to Desktop, USB nor external USB-HD. Google Drive and Google Stream are not installed. There is TrueImage installed for nonstop backups, but was stopped because of a missing media. This constallation was working in Rhino 6 Beta.

2. The project started as R6. There were parts imported from R5, sometimes as blocks.

Cheers

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Would it be possible for the client to share the v5 files used to import parts from? Perhaps the user could try starting an empty model, then add a v5 part that also contains annotations. Does this allow the user still to save as v6?

/Nathan

Hi Nathan,

sorry, he can’t give the files away.

Thanks

Michael

And the self-test as I suggested? Empty file, just add a box, does saving still work? Then add a v5 part - one with annotations in, does saving still work?

edit: in quick local tests I couldn’t reproduce this. I suppose it’d be good to know if a simple empty scene in v6 from a default template, then add a box and save that works fine?

Hi Nathan,

I’ve contacted the customer, but he didn’t answer until now.

Sorry

Michael