Regression: Macro Editor - Line Wrap

could the text break to the new line automatically at the boarder of the panel? typing longer Macros makes them unreadable like that.

in Rhino 5 it still works.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-06 um 12.47.30

I’m not sure about this one. The MacroEditor is cross-platform code.

@dale what do you think?

1 Like

Hey @dan,

Adding word wrap would make it difficult to type up multi-line macros, in my opinion. But fee free to YT this if you want.

– Dale

hi dale, why would that make it more difficult than any other text whatever editor to write multi-line whatevers?

i would say this is a regression, having to pull the macro editor a mile over the screen does not make much sense.

or did i use the wrong wording? maybe its not line wrap i looked that up having no clue how to name it honestly, but whatever causes the text to keep flowing further in the boundary of the existing window when it reaches the boundary. like this the macro editor is unusable for longer macros.

I just put hard returns in there…

-Pascal

Exactly… I just find this is easier to read and understand

! _-SetPt _Pause
_XSet=_Yes
_YSet=_Yes
_ZSet=_No
_Alignment=_World
_Copy=_No

than this:

! _-SetPt _Pause _XSet=_Yes _YSet=_Yes _ZSet=_No _Alignment=_World _Copy=_No

funny,
there
is
something
in
this
kind
of
typing
that
seems
to
be
a
bit
counter-
intuitive
to
me

_Yes _except
_when _you
_type _normal _text
_you _don’t
_have _all _these
_different
_options _to _set -
_stacking _them
_makes _it
_easier _to _see
_which _is _which

i also dont have macros containing that many commands, and hitting enter multiple times every time i write a quick macro feels like driving over cobble stones.

its ok when you guys like to hit enter that often, it certainly will not kill me either, still in rhino 5 that comfort zone was established and has been regressed now.

whatever anybody decides to do with this info.

Doesn’t wrap in Windows Rhino either…

That was my take as well.

so what is the outcome, will it stay then that way?

i was thinking up an idea, since using colours are pretty handy in coding, why not implementing them into the Macro Editor. To start up easy, wrapped text could be greyed for instance. then it is easy to distinguish the wrapped vs the hard enter.

it does in Rhino 5 for Mac…

rhino-5

so what is the outcome, will it stay then that way?

For the time being, I would say it will stay the way it is.