Ref: 7e7df32d-6187-40c3-9dd4-b74cfa36b5ea

This definition failed to load in Shapediver, and said to post the reference number on the forum for help.
Ref: 7e7df32d-6187-40c3-9dd4-b74cfa36b5ea
Not sure what I’m doing wrong here - no 3rd party plugins (except shapediver), checked for nulls in displays, etc.

Thanks!

Hi @jokamm,

Here is my internal checklist, which I’ve put together to check models against before uploading. Maybe this helps. It’s basically a collection of information collected from forum posts and www.shapediver.com.

• Computation Time - 10s (for Entry level Pro)
  • Size of Definition - 20mb (for Entry level Pro)
  • Output size to the viewer - 20mb (for Entry level Pro)
  • No Nulls or invalid items in Display Geometry Components
  • No Null items in internalized Components
  • Vertex Count sent to viewer per file part: 65536
  • 64 file parts per output component
  • 256 file parts per definition
  • 1024 transformations per output component
  • 1024 data parts per definition
  • 256 data parts per output
  • 400kb per data output component
  • Max. 4mb per texture
3 Likes

Here is the error message when the file is opened on the servers:

If you were using Elefront components, the servers would let you know more precisely what the problem is. In your case, I suspect that there are some pieces of data or attributes created with Elefront that remain in the definition. I am not familiar with the plugin so take this with a grain of salt. Does it make sense on your end?

Thanks Mathieu,

I removed all of the Elefront components, but I still had some Elefront data types preserved in internalized data on Data Parameter components (even though they were now using volatile data instead). Good thing to be aware of.

Now dealing with the other problems of the model (data output size, et al).

Thanks!

jo

Thanks @Simon_Vorhammer

This is a great list. I ended up needing to join some meshes to fall under the data limits.

1 Like

Hello @jokamm
Do you mean that even the Rhino geometry with Elefront Attribute inside is not supported by ShapeDiver?

No it is not supported, but you can use the form and ask for support. I going to upvote the Elefront request.

1 Like

Thanks.
I think Elefront and full version of HumanUI are very helpful. Display a floating diagram on the screen would be great.

I am not see any way how to use HumanUI on the platform since SD has own interface. Can you maybe bit elaborate on it? But I see great opportunity to work with blocs, especial when you want to export advance 3D models for further development, for instance in Architecture.

No, it was an Elefront Parameter data type (from the EF Text component). I had internalized that data in a native Data component, but it retained the data-type defined by the Elefront library, so Shapediver flagged it as unsupported.

As I understand it, Elefront Properties are merely Elefront’s name for User-Defined Keys and Values.
However, since User-Defined Keys and Values are only associated with referenced Rhino geometry, not Grasshopper representations of geometry, I don’t see how these could be used in Shapediver. When internalized, I think referenced Rhino geometry loses its attributes (gets converted to a Grasshopper data type instead)