Prompts in the new build

Hey guys,
It felt like Christmas today when I opened up the newest version of Rhino and found that it now closely resembles the PC-Rhino. Great work guys!

I do have one question/quip, however: When I enter a new command now, there are no ‘prompts’ as to using the command properly. IE: When I ‘trim’, it doesn’t tell me to select a line to trim or select the cutting line. This one in particular can sometimes be annoying as ‘trim’ and ‘split’ use the opposite sequence of selections.

Its not a huge problem for me as I have enough experience in Rhino that my main commands are memorized at this point; however, this will be a huge boon for me when trying to learn new commands as I will have no clue how to use the sequence of selections. Am I missing something obvious here? Is there a way to toggle on/off the command ribbon in the latest OSX build?

Thanks,
-Ben

Hi Ben,

This is an issue in OSX 10.8.5 that is being looked at. You can revert the command line messages to the previous style in the meantime in Preferences (⌘,) > Themes, Switch to a Custom theme and check the box that says ‘Use command options dialog’.

i think this was fixed in the version released on Jan 29 (build 499)… the one released the day before had the glitch with osx 10.8.

@BeeCee - try installing the latest version to see if it helps… otherwise, the problem is still in there and you should give more info about your system. (Preferences-> OpenGL …at the bottom of the window, use the copy button then paste the info here)

Thanks guys. Looks like I unfortunately had installed the one from the previous day - updating to the Jan30 (I believe?) release gives me prompts in the top left window.
Thanks, cheers
-BC