Problems with IMGs larger than screen

There is a constant problem with an internal image stitcher, regardless the shader: : arctic, rendered, rasterized. They all crash Rhino if only the target image has larger resolution than screen

Hello - just to make sure - are you referring to the ViewCaptureToClipboard/File commands?

-Pascal

Exactly.

What is the rasterized mode? Raytraced?

And what resolution do you try capturing at?

Sorry, I meant raytraced.
I, usually, go for images A3 size @300 dpi which means ca. 5000 x 3500 px, but I had a problems already at 4000 px.

Right, let me try with such a resolution. Earlier I tried with 3000 \times 2000, which is larger than my screen at 1920\times1080.

@Piotr do you happen to run Rhino on an Intel HD Graphics 630? The Rhino command _SystemInfo should tell you (paste in here for completeness) .

I run bootcamp.

Rhino 6 SR0 2018-1-12 (Rhino WIP, 6.0.18012.13241, Git hash:master @ 00ae144185bd9d3bd331a5464cb37a9e051f7258)
Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Radeon Pro 555 (OpenGL ver:4.5.13474 Compatibility Profile Context 22.19.128.1)
OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: ATI Technologies Inc.
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50
Driver Date: 4-3-2017
Driver Version: 22.19.128.1
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp "Commands"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp "WebBrowser"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp "Renderer Development Kit"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp "RhinoScript"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoBonusTools.rhp "Rhino Bonus Tools"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp "AnimationTools"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp "IdleProcessor"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Pangolin.rhp "Mesh2"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp "Rhino Render"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp "RDK_EtoUI"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp "Renderer Development Kit UI"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp "Snapshots"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp "Alerter"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp "RhinoCycles"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GrasshopperPlugin.rhp "Grasshopper"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp "Toolbars"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp "3Dconnexion 3D Mouse"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp "Displacement"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp "Calc"
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\NamedPositions.rhp “Named Position”

II have updated to SR3 but problem still occurs.

You do have the crashreports submitted? If you did, and you added your e-mail address, could you relay in a private message what it is, so I can search our exception/crashdump database?

@Piotr,

Does it work if you disable Skylight?

-David

I didn’t produce any report. The screen wnet white and RH stopped responding or crashed with only ‘Windows trying to find solution’.

I’d have to give it a try, but it would take some time.

After a crash, please look on your desktop. If you see a file RhinoCrashDump.dmp please upload it to us. If you see multiple RhinoCrashDump files, send them all - just zip them up first, if you please. You can use www.rhino3d.com/upload - use nathan@mcneel.com as recipient, so I get directly notified when the upload is completed.

I’ve just sent them to tech@mcneel.com using an adress from my memory, should have looked here first.

Right, I indeed don’t see them in the download section for the upload site. If you could still upload it to www.rhino3d.com/upload - then I don’t have to wait for Seattle to wake up…

There should be anytime soon. The good news: I’ve updated today to newest SR3 and run some tests and it didn’t crash making an image of 5000 x 3500 px in arctic mode.
It crashed on render mode (skylight on), or to be specific: it freezes Rhino beyond and respond point.
It didn’t crash on rendered mode (skylight off) making an image in 3 sec. Impressive compared to the others with skylight on.

I see a crash in the GPU driver, but unfortunately the crashdump doesn’t tell much more useful. We keep investigating.