No render output

I’ve lost whole day trying to render one scene. All I’ve got was this:

I have 8 to go and, again, I will have to ask Neon to do the job. I can’t believe this is still not fixed. F…

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - Does Rhino render a simple test file? The only way I can help is if you upload the file and materials - here or to tech@Mcneel.com, or save small, zip and upload at www.rhino3d.com/upload to my attention.

-Pascal

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #3

If this is for Raytraced, you might want to try Rhino Render Next through the test package manager: _TestPackageManager. Search for rhino-render-next, install it, restart Rhino. You can set it as the current renderer and use the _Render command. This is the old Cycles for Rhino in a new jacket.

You might want to do a test or two first with sample count set to something low, i.e. 5. If it works you can bump the setting.

Note that the renderer sufferd from a slowdown that I haven’t had time yet to figure out, as my time currently goes to getting Rhino 6 working on the Mac.

Cycle engine option not showing up

Guys
I have managed to run successfully 4 renders in a row, but it required changing the settings.
Previously, I tried to render 3500x2500px (failed twice) and 3000x2000 (failed twice) on a screen resolution set to optimum (windows recommended ca. 2800px).
After upscaling screen to ca. 3500px and rendering the viewport size render everything went well.
I guess, it has nothing to do with scene, materials or lights but Rhino struggles to render images larger than viewport.
To make it even more confusing: last week I have made ca. 30 renders (3000x2000 px) in a row with success ratio ca. 90%, same model, (windows recommended screen res.)
I have also noticed, that Rhino struggles to deliver when other applications are running in the background, this is when, usually, image comes grey.
PS I’m running bootcamp on a MacBookPro. Model has been sent to tech for testing.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #6

I still need to do some more tests, as I am no longer running by default on the Intel HD 630. But I have a feeling that these problems are driver related. With Bootcamp in the mix there is an extra factor that can act as a point of failure.

(Pascal Golay) #9

Hi Piotr - thanks, got it. For what it’s worth, it does render OK here so far in both Cylces/Raytraced and RhinoRender.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal
It renders for me too as long as I keep the output equal or lower than screen resolution. Have you tried to render high-res?

(Pascal Golay) #11

Hi Piotr - I did render at higher than screen resolution, yes.

-Pascal