Problem in perspective view

I downloaded the 7 evaluation version. While I’m working in perspective view I loose the ability to spin the view around, all I can do is pan. I have to quit out and open the file again. It will work for awhile but lock up again. I never had this issue in ver 6. Any suggestions?

Hello - when this happens, can you verify that the viewport is in fact using a perspective projection?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
Yes I’ve never changed it to parallel or Two point perspective if that’s what you mean.

Hi John - I am wondering if when it locks, the viewport properties continue to show perspective… And, does cmd-shift drag free it up again? Note Cmd-Shift and tumbling the view may lock it when it gets close to a Top, Front etc plane. Tumbling a perspective view with no modifier keys should not do this, however.

-Pascal

OK I’ll check when it locks up again and let you know. I wasn’t working in the 4 view window,
just the single perspective window.
Thanks

Pascal,
I had just converted a part to subD and converted it back to nurbs and the it locked up again.
Forgive me I’m a newbie.

I just hit command shift and that freed it up.

Hi John - is there a chance that you had cmd-shift pressed as a way to sub-object select and accidentally rmb-tumbled the view?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
No I was just moving around the object with rmb in perspective view. Take my finger off the button go back to rmb and then all it would do is pan.

I see… sounds buggy - is this repeatable in any model? I’ll see if I can repeat this.

-Pascal

OK I’ll try in other models and let you know.
Thanks