Printing Crashes Rhino (always)

BullZIP or PDF995 might be a good work-arounds until we get this fixed.
I hope we can.
I started using PDF995 (abandoning Adobe Acrobat), many years and Rhino versions ago because of crashing problems.

ahem… you can’t avoid Acrobat in the industry as you can’t avoid dwg files from customers.

The Acrobat reader is fine.
Their authoring tools are way over-priced and unstable.

Speaking ONLY from my own experience, BullZIP and PDF995 are rock-solid and free.

Do you have a file you can share with me? Crashing in Rhino PDF is different than the other reports in this thread (which I am currently working on.)

Hi Steve, can you send me your email address or where can I send you the file? I have found out that the problem dissapears after reopening the crash 3dm…also other files are fine, but you may find some bug in this file…

Petr

Sure, steve@mcneel.com

RH-46069 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate

The file size issue should be fixed in the SR6 release candidate

RH-46069 is fixed in the latest Service Release

Thank you all

Hi, don’t know if this issue was resolved…but I was also having the same problem with V6 trying to print out pdf files with adobe pdf printer option…which surprisigly had happened to me as well when using revit…the solution in both instances that has worked for me is going to the printer properties on the print dialog box and:

1. Uncheck 'Rely on system fonts: Do not use document fonts
  2. Remove the prompt for adobe file name on adobe pdf output folder option and specify a location here.
    The rhino pdf version doesnt translate pen weight well as well and loses annotation done directly on the layout so I think the adobe pdf version is still the best.

Hi -

Could you please provide a sample 3dm file that we can take a look at?
-wim