Plan View Issues

unhandled

(Djhg) #1
  1. Checking/Unchecking “Show BOundary” in properties for a plan view doesn’t respond as the tutorial implies (by RMB click in model space somewhere). It doesn’t respond unless vaUPdate is run on the Plan View, which updates the PLan View wrt any model changes despite “Auto Update” being unchecked. Shouldn’t these two views be separate, as the tutorial implies.
  2. Editing a “from curves” boundary doesn’t update properly. IN the case of a boundary reduced in size; the original boundary is retained, with segments of the new boundary showing as linework within the original boundary whether “Show Boundary” is checked or not.

Hi @djhg

1. Yes, we are aware of this limitation. You need to manually update Plan views to see the changes done on the “Show boundary” checkbox. The Auto Update option of plan views only affects when changes are done in the Level Manager, on the Level that the Plan view displays.
  2. You are right. There’s a bug when editing the control points of plan views created from curves that are scaled. We will review that and fix it.

(Djhg) #3

Thanks Francesc

1a) I understand this means that the boundary display can’t be changed without updating the plan view. A very important thing to remember when creating a set of documents. Please let me know if I don’t have that correct. (Not sure if it’s the best arragnements, btw)
1b) So Auto Update (or not) only applies to responsiveness to elevation, cutplane and offset settings. Please let me know if I don’t have that correct either.
2) Clarified, thanks.
3) (New) I notice that if a PLan View is moved, it’s automatically updated. (As with Section Views.)

Hi djhg,
1a. That’s correct. We could change the way this works, but we considered that since the boundary may trim parts of the plan view drawing, not updating the plan view would generate confusing results.
1b. Yes, that’s correct. In addition, it also updates when changing the plan view’s title.
2.ok
3. That should not happen, and I haven’t been able to reproduce it. Can you send a model where that happens to visualarq@asuni.com?

By the way, since VisualARQ 2.0 version, when showing the model using the Hidden display mode, you can print it directly to pdf as vector output. That means that you can show the model in section, elevation, plan view, arranged in Layout Details and print it in good quality vector lines. Have you tried that? You can watch it in this video: https://youtu.be/1qdNB5v_fwE
This will avoid you having to insert tons of additional 2D geometry, caring to have the 2D drawings up to date, and therefore you will improve file size and speed performance.

(Djhg) #5

Appreciating your prompt replies (despite my being intermittent here in recent days). I’ve emailed such a file.

By the way, since VisualARQ 2.0 version, when showing the model using the Hidden display mode, you can print it directly to pdf as vector output. <

I’ve noticed that and wondering in which (if any) cases the Plan View or Section View is recommended instead. (I’ve discovered in working with Rhino without VisualArq that the mesh display interferes with hidden line display in the case of some heavily articulated objects, so I’m using Make2D in most cases for that reason. Otherwise using model views would be most efficient.)