Panels don't remember layout

I like to stack certain panels so I can have Layers & CPlanes open simultaneously, because sometimes I need to toggle CPlanes back and forth & it’s more convenient. While RH remembers that I have a second panel open, it doesn’t seem to want to remember that it’s stacked, rather than adjacent. Any suggestions?

I tried the admin approach here to no avail:

I imagine the solution might have something to do w/ editing/deleting a config file or something, but not sure which/where.

It’s simple to reposition the CPlanes panel where I want it, but it’s silly to have to do it every time I open Rhino so that I’m not covering the half the workspace w/ panels.

Desired:

Defaulting to on restart:

Thanks in advance,
-dt

Hi -

I’m afraid there is no way in Rhino 7 to have this behave as expected.
This is being worked on for Rhino 8.

Could you provide more details on which panels you stack in which position and how you toggle things? With those details, we could test the new workspaces feature in the WIP.
-wim

Hi Wim -

For the moment I’m stacking the CPlanes panel below everything else, but I imagine that I might stack a 2nd panel inbetween for 3-stacked total, w/ layers & properties tabs on the top, depending on use case (e.g. material/render/display settings tabs might be a logical 2nd tier panel stack).

In general, it would be awesome if I could have multiple panels docked & stacked w/ several tabs in each, and have the configuration be remembered/recalled on restart.

See pic1 above (w/ orange box highlight) for visual.

Thx,
-dt