Menu tabs titles are difficult to read

Continuing the discussion from Rhino 8 BETA feedback:

RH-77171 Mac inactive tabs are too difficult to read

@the_eraser I’ve added info to the YT. Can you see if the proposed colors would work for you?

@Gijs it’s perfect, thanks!

Hello @Gijs, I download the last beta (8.0.23264) where you stated that this “bug” was fixed, but actually the colours didn’t change. Am I missing something?

@the_eraser It looks the fix got pushed to 8.x only, this is probably just by oversight.

in the meantime, you can fix this by setting the colors according to what’s mentioned in the YT

Alright, I will change it manually.

Anyway guys, Rhino for Mac GUI is an absolute disaster, I must say. I’ve never seen an interface this poorly designed before. Everything feels wrong, it’s a shame for such a good software not to have invested in a capable (and Mac-friendly) Mac design team.

For example, those ghost buttons… why?

I agree with you there is a lot of room for improvement especially in the Mac options and File settings dialog.

RH-77237 ghost buttons in Mac options dialog

Hi, I have just downloaded the latest Rhio v8, i was going to log about the difficult to read tabs.
On my computer it does not seem to have made any difference.
I have seen this “If I set Rhino.UI.ThemeSettings.Frame.Tab.Unchecked.Text to this color it looks similar to Windows and text becomes better readable.” but do not know where to access this menu or how to use it to see if this will change anything?
I would send a couple screen shots, but cannot see how to upload those?
Many thanks JP

hi @JP13 this change will be in the upcoming beta.
If you cannot wait, go to Rhino Settings, Advanced, and copy paste the strings I posted into the search bar.

Hi Gijs, thanks for heads up. No rush, i had thought it was in the previous beta.

Hello, it’s still unchanged in the last beta

@the_eraser looks like the change is made in 8.1 only, so this will take a while longer, sorry.

Still not changed in 8.1.

@the_eraser if you made customizations to the colors in the meantime, remove those customizations, then it should work. Alternatively run _Reset and check the first two reset options, then restart Rhino.

Didn’t change anything. Rhino 8.1 after reset:

@the_eraser That’s odd… This is what I see

What do you see if you look for modified themesettings:

Nothing

hmm, pls post your _SystemInfo, I’m puzzled why this doesn’t show at your end.