Layer Panel request

There’s an omission in the layer panel from V7 to V8 that I’d like to have back if possible.
In V8, it’s no longer possible to include columns global print width or print color when a detail is displayed.
Now, you have to go back to a model space view (not one in a detail) to change those.
I guess that might have been intentional, but I think it’s more convenient to be able to include those.

V7:

V8:

The reason I care at all about this is that in order to change the print width of a layer in multiple details, you have to go to every detail and make the same change instead of being able to change it in one place for all details. In some cases you might want different print widths for the same layer in different details, but often for me at least, I want them the same and don’t want to have to be careful to make changes in multiple places

1 Like

Hi @Lowell1,

When in a layout or detail, click the View button on the Layers panel toolbar and pick the View all layer settings menu item.

Does this help?

– Dale

Yes, Thanks.
Did I turn that off by mistake?

Hi @Lowell1,

Did I turn that off by mistake?

Probably not. We’ve switched the default column set, on the Layers panel and when working in a layout/detail, to something simpler. But you can always get back to the full set if you want.

Rhino 7 and earlier had this feature, btw.

– Dale

You might want to read this post from Mary to get an understanding of what changed in the latest WiP build with regards to layers.

1 Like

Yeah, I did read that somewhat quickly. There are some things there that will be useful.
This particular one is fine I guess since it’s reversible, but I was pretty frustrated before figuring out what happened.
I know it’s a WIP, but having behavior change unexpectedly like that is still pretty disconcerting.