Latest WIP error

John

Can you bypass it i your msi?

Iā€™m hoping that when @brian tunes up the V6 MSI installer, this problem will go away.

I keep my fingers crossed. I donā€™t want to change my machines yet or switch to Win 10.

I donā€™t think so. That bug report was specific to Windows Server 2012, and Piotr is running Windows 7.

Nope, but youā€™ll get used to these logs soon enough - they are the ones generated by the bootstrapper engine that weā€™ll be using shortly for Rhino WIP. The top says ā€œBurn v3.7.3813.0ā€ - Burn is the bootstrapper/chainer weā€™ll be using.

I doubt it. If the standalone installer from MS doesnā€™t work, itā€™s not going to work when embedded in our installer, either.

Well, clearly we already do! THatā€™s why you donā€™t have the correct files on your computer, and yet you are still able to try to start Rhino. But once I fix the bug, the installer will fail for you until this redistributable package is properly installed.

I recommend you contact Microsoft Support for help getting that redistributable package installed - thereā€™s nothing we can do to help you until your computer is updated with it.

@brian
I read through the message replies.
There are several people reporting the identical symptoms in Windows 7.
Thatā€™s why I posted the link.