Laptop specs for working with very large textures

Good mornig, I am looking for advice on what kind of specs I should look for in a new laptop for working with very large textures.
I will need to map a high res texture on 3D surfaces, to then flatten and export them. (The exported files will be used for large prints of several meters at 150dpi.)
The source image to apply as texture can be around 50,000px X 50,000px, for a size of 13gb.
Can Rhino even achive such sizes and resolution? If so, what kind of specs in a laptop would allow me to work with such sizes?
I could just try to get the best that my wallet allows me, but I’d like to know if anyone has a sense of what specs would be able to handle the job before to buy the machine and test it.
Thanks for any insight on this!!

Hello,
I haven’t an answer but from a technical point of view if an image need to be displayed so it need to fit the GPU memory.
considering 13Gb only for the texture, hopefully as raw file and not Jpg compressed, the first requirement for a laptop is to have a massive Vram on board. Consider also extra Vram for the surrounding things like windows, interface etc.
Next is the system Vram that should be enough to handle everything.

It sounds like expensive computer.
Hope this help you,
regards

A 12 GB+ texture automatically realistically constrains you to RTX 4090 mobile GPUs (or the workstation equivalent).

There are also AMD and Intel mobile GPUs that do feature 16 GB VRAM, but only the AMD ones will allow you to render in Rhino Cycles.

The RTX 4090 class laptop will likely come with a top of the line processor of either major CPU vendor.

Nvidia RTX 4090 Ada Generation was released a year ago (Feb 8, 2023). I have a laptop with newer version: Nvidia RTX 5000 Ada Generation. Its performance is shown here: Most powerful laptops - #3 by andrew.nowicki

Vapor chamber cooling is necessary for these powerful laptop GPUs.

It is worth pointing out that RTX 5000 for workstations is still Ada Lovelace architecture. The RTX 5000 Ada is still almost a year old, and remains directly comparable by family (die) to the RTX 4090.

Other than the desktop Super series refresh/update, there are no “new” RTX architecture cards for gaming or professional classes.

For the workstation RTX 5000 Ada, this sits on th AD103 die of the Desktop Gaming RTX 4080 (and the new 4080 Super desktop).