It isn't me!

I’ve been getting this problem for some time now. I’ll be moving along and then at some point when I select a curve the application indicates that’s there’s upwards of 10 copies of the same item! There’s simply no way I’m inadvertently making multiple copies of curves in this situation.

Argoflex4.3dm (210.2 KB)

And then this! And apparently everything is valid.

Maybe it records history is enabled?

Would history make multiple copies? How do you mean ‘enabled’ like there’s some setting pref for history?

top left side of the window.
your screenshot shows history is on.

Yes, but is that feature? Is history to be used only on occasion? And what do you make of the blend curve behavior?

not sure. taxi_ing on a plane right now. just saw that history was enabled.
I’ll check it out later if nobody gets back to you by then.

in some cases, after using the story, I had abnormal behavior on surfaces. I learned how to clear the history (of individual objects or all). trying again I have had the expected behavior. Perhaps, again, perhaps, it might be the cause.

in some cases, it can happen to create the curves with the option of displaying the view curves disabled. It could make several copies of a curve but did not notice that the option is turned off. Then reactivating the trend display, or switching to a different display mode with the option active, the curves are all there.
Another possibility is to have the right set to repeat the command (as in Windows) and use it without noticing, repeating, such as a copy multiple times.

I love it! Tech support at large and in the air.
:grinning:

From the online Rhino help: Rhinoceros Help
History was introduced at the end of Rhino 4 development (if I recall correctly) as a means to create associations between different modelling actions. A simple example is that of the Loft command. With History Enabled when running _Loft, the result will be that you can modify the input curves (move, rotate, scale, move control points, etc) and the surface will update without having to run the _Loft command again. Whether you should always keep it on depends entirely on what you are doing and how comfortable you are with chaining history enabled commands.

My personal preference is to keep History disabled unless I explicitly need to use the functionality. I’m also partial to using Grasshopper for situations where I want to create associations between geometry and actions. With Grasshopper I can see those associations whereas with History you might not remember that geometry is tied in some manner.

I tried for a longer period to work with History always on - mainly because I want it to be on when setting dimensions on drawings. In the end I gave up. So my personal workflow also has it disabled and I hope to remember to turn it on when dimensioning…