When I move a curve, copied curves move too

Not sure if I’m experiencing a bug of some sort or if there is a setting that I need to turn off (pretty sure it’s a bug).

It doesn’t happen all the time, but when I move a curve that I copied other curves from, all of the copies move too. This happens when I drag using the gumball or when I use the move command. If cut the curve onto the clipboard and paste it, this doesn’t happen anymore (it seems to sever the connection with the copied curves), but it’s a bit troublesome to do every time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

I use Rhino for Windows, and that behavior occurs if Record History is active, which can be turned on and off as an option of the History command. PurgeHistory breaks the history for selected objects or all objects.

I still have the same problem. When I see an object also moves with the one that I moved, I undo my last move and copy the other objects that move. That I move the object that I wanted to move and if the other object moves again. I delete that paste the one that copied. That is my solution. But I hope someone has an easier solution. It is frustrating.

Turn off automatic history recording… Ctrl+click on the History button in the top bar and there should be something to uncheck like “always record history” (no Mac Rhino in front of me now)…

–Mitch

Sounds like you have Record History turned on. Use the History command and set Record=No. http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/history.htm?Highlight=history

1 Like

Yeah thanks but I don’t have that option in Mac. Thanks a lot anyway

There is the option, just not where I said it was (another missing feature)… On Mac, use the History command as davidcockey said above.

–Mitch

Thank you soo much man. That did it.

Problem solved! I had to turn off the Update option in History. Thanks all.