Issue with View Capture in latest Rhino update

I updated to the most recent version of Rhino 7 last night (I believe I was on the immediately previous release before updating), and today I’ve been having some issues with both viewcapturetofile and clipboard causing Rhino to crash. I work in exhibition design and can’t share files for confidentiality reasons, but we often will use 4K view captures as backgrounds to sketch on, and I was able to replicate the issue in multiple unrelated project files. It seems more likely to happen when I try to save out at higher resolution, and I guess I’m just surprised because I’ve been doing this with Rhino for a few years now without issue (and certainly not a crash). I tried disabling V-Ray and updating my graphics driver, and thought I’d solved the problem at first but it quickly started happening again. I’m not necessarily expecting help, especially because I can’t share files, but raising the issue in case others experience the same—if so, perhaps this is some kind of issue with the newest R7 update and not just something else going on with my machine. Of course, if anyone has any ideas, would very much appreciate hearing them…

i had similar issues trying to export images at aroun 2560… taking forever i had to pray on my knees that it does not hook up. if it decided to work it went pretty fast.

my problem was that i had a lot of geometry to export, reducing the scene for testing matters it seemed to work more reliable with far less showing up.

i am just wildly guessing that it is a memory issue.

Ya I know what you mean about it going faster when it works. I also noticed sometimes the dialog box where you set resolution etc. would temporarily leave a ghost after hitting “OK”, in which case it was much likelier to crash. I figured it might have something to do with memory, especially exporting PNG with a transparent background and some elements having translucent materials, and I did notice it seemed more likely to happen if there was more geometry. But I also had it happen multiple times with only a few elements on screen. It’s just perplexing because I’ve been saving out captures like this forever and never had this issue.