iRhino WIP Available

It seems that zooming somehow makes selecting really hard. If you reset the view (zoom extends) by double tapping, it makes selecting much easier. For example, selecting the screws of the SteeringWheels is almost impossible without resetting the view. All this at least on my iPhone 12 mini (small screen).

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is wifi required for iRhino

4 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP and Lidar

5 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP - AR Clipping

We just released a new version 8.0.22199 (17150) that has support for named views. If you already have iRhino WIP and Testflight installed you should get a notification to update.
If you run into any issues updating, you can try removing iRhino3D completely and installing a fresh copy via Testflight again.

Named views can be accessed by tapping the View name > Set View > Named Views

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP + XBox controller wish

A post was split to a new topic: iRhino WIP - Close button

Hi everyone,

We just released iRhino version 8.0.22224 (17.49.0) via Testflight.
This version includes a number of bug fixes as well as improvements to the markup process.

You can now save your markups and be able to access them whenever that file is opened on your device. To do so, tap the markup icon on the top right corner and select “New Markup” from the markup panel. Markup your model and tap ✓ when done.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: iRhino STL import is missing

6 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino STL import is missing

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: iRhino open STL is missing

Hi everyone,
I just downloaded iRhino, thanks for this beautiful WIP!
I have a question about the block :
When I select an object (in this case for example a block), and I tap the ‘block instances’, Is there a way to see also the ‘hyperlink’ I previously assigned to that block while building the 3d model in Rhino? (properties - Hyperlink - past URL).
Thank you very much!! hope you can help me!

1 Like

Hi @Tomas_Maria_Lopez

That’s not possible in the current build. But I logged your suggestion here for future development:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RV-644/Block-Hyperlink

1 Like

We have released the new major update of iRhino to the App Store. I want to thank everyone here for the help to track down bugs and test out features so we can get this app out to the public.

Our plan is to release updates on a regular basis just like we do for the desktop version of Rhino. We know there are still plenty of bugs to fix in the product and could use your help to find and fix them. As more metal based display features are implemented in Mac Rhino you should see these features show up in iRhino updates as well.

Thanks again!
-Steve

4 Likes

Hi,
thank you very much for the updated iRhino version, this might be an important step, to work with clients, directly with Rhino files. Unfortunately some of my Rhino7 files crash if opened in IRhino. But these came from the same source. I would be a nice addon if one could open .step files, if this is not restricted by paying fees for you.

Best Jan

It would be great if you could send me a file that crashes for you. If I can repeat the crash, I should be able to fix it and get a new build of iRhino published.

Hello,

First time posting so if there is a better place for any of the below, please let me know :grinning:

Firstly this app is great and I love the sense of coherence that seems to be coming from McNeel with Rhino 8 and I especially the work being done with Metal.

I work in a small Interior Design studio and our entire workflow happens in Rhino, from conception to design development, visualisation and documentation.

We struggle with showing our clients models in a way that effectively communicates space and proportion and I think this will be an invaluable tool. I also love that there is a markup feature. We are trying to reduce our paper waste and marking up direct to layouts will help a lot. Marking up on PDFs (and physical copies) Is our standard but we waste hours in exporting and file management. I exported a drawing set yesterday (40pages, one third of the total doc set) and it took 15min. It might be our PC settings but either way, markups in file will be a huge time saver.

I do have some thoughts that I think will help our workflow and maybe others.

Navigation.

• can you add the option to turn off or customise the pencil double tap?
    • Zoom Extents resets the target/camera which makes navigating large models hard. ( our extents are often large as we have multiple options / floors sit next to each other on z=0.
    • I have to reopen the model to centre the camera into the model again and with larger files (600mb) this takes a couple minutes.
  • Can you implement a set target or set camera button for when you’re in pan / orbit or move / look?
  • Is it possible to set the gestures>mode toggle as a model space level toggle? It would be nice to quickly toggle between orbit and look.
  • Is it possible to set a _walkabout option?(is this re-skinned as move/look in iRhino).
  • Move/look could benefit from a better control scheme
    • This could work like the “Polycam” (or equivalent) joystick
      • Joystick to move the camera
      • Slider for elevation
      • Pencil for looking around.

Markups

• The current markup design feels like it has been designed with 3D (understandably) in mind.
  • Would it be possible to introduce a markup mode for layouts that is similar to Preview/Markup on the Mac or Freeform on iPad?
    • Currently
      it feels like each markup is a different layer/view/layer state combination on the page.
    • This is jarring when marking up a layout as you can’t zoom or pan without previous markups turning off
    • Being able to pan and zoom while retaining all markups in view would be much more helpful.

Thanks for reading, and again, the app is great and a fantastic compliment to Rhino 3D. I’m very excited to fold this into our workflow.

Cheers,

Stuart.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback and explaining your workflow @stuart.crake
I think as we gather more feedback about how people use iRhino3D we can figure out what general purpose solution we can come up with to benefit most workflows.
For example I think a better general solution for your Zoom Extents problem would be to implement Zoom Region or Zoom Selected rather than introducing new UI to override double tap gesture.
I have thought about panning and zooming while in markup mode, it sounds like a useful option if we can limit it to parallel projections.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Basecamp support for iRhino

5 posts were split to a new topic: Import of other file formats in iRhino