iRhino app compatibility with Rhino 7

Hi there. I recently started using Rhino V7 for mac and found that a file I saved from V7 does not want to initialize in iRhino. I then took the same file, opened it in RhinoV5, saved it from there without modifying it and then it works 100% in iRhino.
Did anyone else experience this?

Your observation is correct.

We’re working on a completely new version that will read any version of Rhino 3dm file and will support files on your iOS device.

Hopefully we’ll have something in the next month that can be beta tested.

— Dale

6 Likes

Hi @dale
Good to hear that iRhino is getting a little (and much needed!) attention!
-Jakob

1 Like

Thanks Dale.
I love this app. Any chance that there will be additional features in the app like ability to add dimensions in a drawing that will show up in iRhino or maybe a notation or markup tool ?

All geometry types and all display modes will eventually be supported as well as layouts.

The current focus is on a high quality viewer; once that is working we can investigate adding tools for things like dimensioning, markup and analysis.

6 Likes

Thanks Steve!

The new Igrasshopper app is sick using the sliders on the touch screen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Please give the iRhino WIP a spin. It supports all 3dm versions up through Rhino 8

1 Like

@stevebaer Will the new iRhino3D app eventually support Snapshots? This would be a game changer for presentations.

Possibly, but not right away. Snapshots is implemented as a plug-in for Rhino and we need to get quite a bit more of Rhino’s core into iRhino before we can consider trying to compile snapshots into the app.

1 Like

So what formats are supported? Rhino 5-7.3dm an .stl. Also about the grasshopper app will there be any headway, so a plugin upon a plugin. Be great if one didn’t have 2 screens an wanted just grasshopper control from iphone. The navigation ability would be new era. Just saying man the new developmental iRhino is a great carton to display your milkings :joy:

The list of currently supported file formats is discussed in the post referenced above.

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I recently upgraded from 5 to 7. Now I can download 8 Vip…

Hi Dale.
Hope you are well. Any updates on this beta version for iRhino?
If so, please send ne a link where I can download it.
Christoff.

Thanks Steve.
I am bust downloading it now:-)

Greetings
Christoff.

Sorry Dale. I see Steve shared a WIP download link for iRhino…