iRhino WIP Available

Thanks, great stuff!

I think you’ve anticipated my next suggestion (?!) which was to move the photo button. The ability to take images is useful, but in my view it is a second-order function that with advantage, be hidden from immediate view. There are probably other functions that deserve the prominence of continuous access.

1 Like

Agreed.
That button now does more than taking a snapshot now. You can markup a view before saving it.

6 Likes

A non-urgent, non-bug suggestion: for a toggle switch, on a second or third layer down, that does the following:

1 Zoom extents
2 Rotates the model, on a loop, slowly through 360°
3. A second tap halts the rotation

i.e. around the Z-axis or, if not centred on the Origin’s Z-axis, then on the average vertical axis through the model. This would appear as a simple introductory movie and could act as a prelude to more complex manipulation.

1 Like

Thanks @clivecarter, we actually have discussed a turn-table feature in the past. We decided that for now a more general purpose feature would be preferable.

Right now you can achieve something like this by doing the following:

• Double tap the viewport to zoom extent
  • Open the settings panel ( :gear: ), go to “gestures” settings and set friction slider all the way to left
  • Orbit the viewport with a swipe in preferred direction
  • Tap viewport to stop rotation
2 Likes

Zoom Target and then rotate around said target would be a must have to be useful for my field guys. I’ll pay.

1 Like

@gustojunk in the latest version we just release you can see some dimension information when selecting an object.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP - AR wish

It seems that zooming somehow makes selecting really hard. If you reset the view (zoom extends) by double tapping, it makes selecting much easier. For example, selecting the screws of the SteeringWheels is almost impossible without resetting the view. All this at least on my iPhone 12 mini (small screen).

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is wifi required for iRhino

4 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP and Lidar

5 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP - AR Clipping

We just released a new version 8.0.22199 (17150) that has support for named views. If you already have iRhino WIP and Testflight installed you should get a notification to update.
If you run into any issues updating, you can try removing iRhino3D completely and installing a fresh copy via Testflight again.

Named views can be accessed by tapping the View name > Set View > Named Views

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino WIP + XBox controller wish

A post was split to a new topic: iRhino WIP - Close button

Hi everyone,

We just released iRhino version 8.0.22224 (17.49.0) via Testflight.
This version includes a number of bug fixes as well as improvements to the markup process.

You can now save your markups and be able to access them whenever that file is opened on your device. To do so, tap the markup icon on the top right corner and select “New Markup” from the markup panel. Markup your model and tap ✓ when done.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: iRhino STL import is missing

6 posts were split to a new topic: iRhino STL import is missing

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: iRhino open STL is missing

Hi everyone,
I just downloaded iRhino, thanks for this beautiful WIP!
I have a question about the block :
When I select an object (in this case for example a block), and I tap the ‘block instances’, Is there a way to see also the ‘hyperlink’ I previously assigned to that block while building the 3d model in Rhino? (properties - Hyperlink - past URL).
Thank you very much!! hope you can help me!

1 Like

Hi @Tomas_Maria_Lopez

That’s not possible in the current build. But I logged your suggestion here for future development:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RV-644/Block-Hyperlink

1 Like