Import Revit Linked Model Geometry into Rhino

Hi all,
I want to import some linked model’s elements, say vent ducts, into Rhino.
Is it possible? The MEP model is linked from the Autodesk Docs online.
I don’t want to open the MEP model to copy the vent duct, because it takes around 45 mins to open it.
Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi Jack,

I changed your forum post to the Rhino.Inside - Revit forum Category.

You’ll want to see the guide on working with links if the project is using a different location.

Here i used the Query Links component to get the particular documents Categories and Queried that Document’s Elements by Category.

Hit the + by Zooming in (ZoomUI feature) to add the Document input.

Also note that some MEP Families are on Subcategories.

Hi Japhy, thanks for your reply. Sorry I forgot to set the post to Rhino.Inside category, my bad.
Working on the Revit linked files, can we also pick particular elements on screen using the “graphical Element” component?

Certainly, right click the Graphical Element component and Set one or multiple linked elements.

Oh, cool, thanks very much Japhy~~!!

Btw, happy lunar new year!!

I have tested it using Graphical Element to bake the linked model’s elements into Rhino, but seems it is not on the right location. Is there a easy fix? Thanks.

Bake linked Revit file elements into Rhino.gh (19.4 KB)

You can cast the Linked Element to its Document.

Expose the Project input in the Project Location component to get the Linked file locations.

1 Like

Hi Japhy, thanks for your reply.
But I am not quite clear how to cast the Linked Element to its Document.
Should I use the ‘Orient’ component?
I found that the orient component puts the linked vent ducts to the right location,
but I cannot bake it.

You are casting properly.

After the Orient component they are still Revit Elements, from there you can bake in a number of ways, right clicking on the Graphical Elements component for example.

OK, thanks Japhy.

Hi Japhy,
For some reason I cannot find the “Set Multiple linked Graphical Elements” anymore…
I remember I have this option previously…

What I want to do is to pick the linked dwg file and bake it into Rhino…

That isn’t considered a Revit Link, its a Import Symbol