How to revert to SR7?

Today Rhino5/32 told me there is a new SR out.
I installed it:
Version 5 SR8 32-bit
(5.8.40220.22595, 20.02.2014)

Now I have the same error that was introduced with SR8 RC, an error message regarding the toolbars:

Fehler beim Speichern der RUI-Datei

Bestehende Datei “C:\Program Files\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools (6caed836-bc06-4ebc-b1fd-e10886a0dc94)\2012.8.29.121\PanelingTools.rui” konnte nicht als Sicherungsdatei umbenannt werden)

Der Zugriff auf den Pfad wurde verweigert.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()

bei System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)

bei Rhino.UI.RuiFile.SaveFile(String sFileName, Boolean bPrintErrors) in d:\integration\rhino5\src4\rhino4\Plug-ins\Toolbars\RuiFile.cs:Zeile 305.

This error was reported several times.
I would like to wait for SR9 and skip this problematic SR8.

How can I revert to SR7 now?

Thanks,
-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

No idea from RMA?

Hi Charles,
I am expecting us to have a new service release candidate today or tomorrow. Also, it looks like you are somehow getting unofficial release candidates (i.e. our daily builds) I would recommend going to “Updates and Statistics” on the options dialog and at least changing the setting to release candidate instead of daily build.

Hi Steve,

“Daily Build” is not selected, just “Service Release”.

German customers do have SR8 as well under V5/32, like this:
SR8 (5.8.40214.8345, 14.02.14)

For V5/64, I don’t know.

Hmm?

Thanks,
-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Charles,
is there a “Daily Build” in your drop-down at all?
If just “Service Release” is selected then there should be something wrong with your installation (and your customers as well) because, as far as I can tell, there is no SR8 yet (only SR8 RCs).

Having said that, it looks like something is wrong with my installation as well… I have “Service Release Candidate” selected as update frequency and when I click on “Check now”, I get the message that my installation of Rhino is the newest available. It says 5.8.40128.10495 in the URL but I downloaded (but have not installed) 5.8.40214.08345 on the 18th… Hmmm…

I don’t have a “daily build” either in my options… And I also had to go get the 5.8.40214.08345 manually.

–Mitch

No ‘Daily Build’ in the list here.

With my installation?
And with customers’s installations as well at the same time?

A rarely use V5/32.
But it definitely told me it has downloaded SR8.

How should I know there is no SR8 then?

Today is this:

Miracles…

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Daily build should not be an option. It should only be available for internal testers. If we turned that on for everyone, we would probably have to increase the price of Rhino just to pay for all of the extra bandwidth used:)

There was a 5.8 release candidate that was released for about 18 hours and then abruptly pulled because we found it wasn’t ready yet.

But is that the 14-febr-2014 version that is still available for manual download? If not, why doesn’t my Rhino download this one automatically?