How is that toggle SubD< > Low poly toggle tool coming along?

Are you pulling the control points or the vertices? If you use SelectionFilter > SubObjects > Verts you should get a better result with uneven edge lengths. Post the model if it’s not working and I’ll take a look.

I mgt be doing something wrong :thinking:
here’s the file
PullTest.3dm (53.4 KB)
edit: cant seem to select verts _Pull is active (wont work w pre-selection either)

The object was a mesh still so the verts and ctrl pts were the same thing. In this example I would say the vertices of a subd from it or the ctrl pts of that subd would both not pull to a perfect circle well. However, a little Osnap positioning of the points gets it there. I did it on the mesh and then converted.

cool ! (weird side note: Full Screen doesn’t work on this video for some reason)

It does here using Chrome… may be a browser thing.

Hi @BrianJ
Are you responding to my post?

just replied to that one, I missed it but should have seen anything tagged subd. @ mention me in the future if you don’t get a reply.

1 Like

:+1:

Any and all efforts to add numerical inputs where possible, to SubD processes, that mimic what’s possible with NURBS modeling, will help move the needle.

Thanks?

2 Likes

I still would like McNeel to build the needle first. How’s that tab key = toggle between SubD/Low poly coming along? Any week now, right?

G

1 Like

If all goes well, next Tuesday.
-wim

1 Like

Dear developers, headphones on, cancel all meetings, play this on repeat for focus. We are shipping Tuesday!

2 Likes

RH-53220 is fixed in the latest WIP

hahaha! thanks Brian, Brian & Associates.

Hi @brian and @BrianJ , I’m marking this as unsolved again. Nice to see this getting traction, but still needs some work IMO. Please see here:

in summary:

• weird shading/material bug
  • It’s ignoring selection
  • It needs a toggle key binding functionality

Thanks!

G

PS: the video is not playing on my end from this page, but if you right-click and select ‘copy video address’ and paste in new browser tab it should work.

2 Likes

@gustojunk

Excellent feedback. I totally agree. +1

Thanks for staying on top of this process and not giving up.

I feel like a working Sub-D feature set is FINALLY sailing into view … although the ship often stops completely for no reason other than to enjoy some fishing and shuffleboard. :slight_smile:

Dave

Yeah nice sailing, sure. This is me every week reviewing their first pass of what they just finished building:
me_reviewing_the_weekly_updates

It’s like having a company, 2 offices, employees, clients, 2 kids at home… it’s not enough jobs, so here I am chaperoning this chilled team too. Oh well…

G

1 Like

+1 for a single button to change “creamy” to “crunchy” and vice versa.
The ideal in my case would be the “Tab” key

1 Like

Ref: Sub-D feedback and possible features request
Ref: Creamy and Crunchy SubDs

Thanks for the feedback @gustojunk I’ve added it all to the feature request. To recap… you’d like the Tab key to toggle the mode for all subd if none are selected and only selected subd otherwise.

Regarding your display issues with multi colored faces in flat shading, which is what crunchy uses. I Am unable to reproduce this here so far and bet it’s a display mode setting. Can you export out any mode that does this and send the ini file to me? Then please check if restoring the mode to defaults fixes it on your machine to rule out a system specific cause. Thanks, I’ll file this separately after I know more.

That sounds so weird… and is therefore difficult to remember.
Please keep in mind that Rhino is multi lingual and needs to be easy to remember for lots of people :slight_smile: