Grid on Brep

Hello,

I am trying to get a Diamond Grid on a Brep but I only manage to achieve it on surfaces.
A friend of mine sent me this video:

I was wondering if there is another way of achiving the task.

The Diagrid on a simple form:

The shape the grid is supposed to be on:

The File:

DiaGrid on Brep.gh (34.7 KB)

Thanks and best regards,

Fabian

DiaGrid on Brep Edited V0.gh (96.8 KB)

Yes. there is another plugin, pOd.

The pOd is a collection of 3 plugins. You can find one of them on F4R. The last two you can not find on the open web.
I collected everything I could and uploaded them to my GDrive.

6 Likes

Hello Quan,

thank you very much for your reply and the link to your GDrive!

Best regards and have a nice day

Fabian

good job bro

Google says it might have violated google policy and I need to submit the zip file to them to audit, I already submitted several times, but the same message remains.

I reuploaded the file to GitHub.

echosori/pOd: I am not the author of this plugin. Power of Dream was created by Levin (github.com)

Hi Quan! This pattern on BREP effect looks super cool!

I notice that at the bottom of the geometry, some hexagon cells have lines poking into them?

You can use pod, or in some cases Merge Surface command from rhino 8. It removes seams between surfaces on brep so you can work with breps as with surfaces.
6:54 here:

Interesting but ‘MergeSrf’ works only in Rhino on baked breps, not as a grasshopper component?

In grasshopper you can use this to merge Surface

Yes, they are, it is not a perfect solution, sometimes it is even unusable in my experience.

1 Like

Oh, forgot to mention, the grid on BREP function is not working in R8, I reported this error to the author, I think he has no intention to update that in near future.

1 Like