Grasshopper beginner script trouble - scale array?

Hi there,
I’m working on an assignment for arch school and having trouble figuring out how to come up with the solution for this project. I’ve put the time in to read the Grasshopper primers, lectures, etc. but still unsure of how I should go about recreating the exterior of this building.

I drew the section profile of the centre of the roof exterior. Then drew the curves for the sitemap footprint. My intention was trying to scale array the profile curve along the footprint curve. Any thoughts?

Not looking for a complete solution, just the suggestion of best approach/direction. Thank you!

That looks like a feasible plan, but without posting your geometry, experiments are too much work.

Besides the mid-section, it looks like you got the opening at one end somehow? And the other end?

Yes, I found a profile image of the building and traced the shape as close as possible to create the end. I was approaching it in a way that I would be able to use the largest shape and smallest end shape, and create a script that fills that scale arrays between the two, sort of a scale array tween? Didn’t have any success with tweening. Perhaps I just ignore the ends?

If you had both ends and the middle section, it would be a simple Sweep 2.

Posting the solution as I go – decided to go with Tween Curve and then into divide curve.

I’m trying to figure out to tween along curves/along a guide, along the ground surface – can’t seem to figure that out.

I “lifted” two curves from drawings I found here:

And did the rest in Grasshopper:

P.S. The GH code is accurate but “lifting” lines to scale from two small images is difficult to do precisely.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!