We have released a Beta of Flamingo NXT 5. This is a new version that is integrated with many of the Rhino 5 rendering tools.
To download the latest version, go here:
This Beta build will not replace the existing Flamingo NXT, but will add an additional render engine to Rhino. This allows both Flamingo NXT and the new Flamingo NXT 5 WIP to both be used depending on which renderer is current.
NXT for 5 has a few goals:
- The Viewport Render Preview mode has been improved.
- Material mapping is done through the Rhino mapping interface
- Decals are placed using the Rhino decal interface integrated into the Rhino rendering
- Sun Control
- Ground Panel Lights
- Material Library Panel
- Material Editor Drag and Drop Materials
- Safe Frame is supported
- Custom Meshing is supported, this includes:
- Curve Piping
- Displacement Edge Softening
- Shut Lining
- New Hybrid Render Engine trying to take the best of the default and pathtrace engine in one.
- Flamingo RT preview window shows a quick rendering of the current model.