Export viewport

Hello,

I make a lot of 2D drawings in my rhino files. for that I use the layouts, I have some standards for that.

so the workflow is:
make a model
make 2D drawings based on that model in model space
import a layout and create the 2D drawing in the layout
print the layout to a PDF file.

so far so good, works great!

but my customers like to receive a DWG file from that drawing.
is there a way to export the layout including the used 2d drawings made in model space?

at the moment I duplicate the whole file, delete everything except the used 2D drawing and layout, then I purge the file and then export it to DWG.
quite a work around,

looking forward for your reply,

Albert

I recently had the same problem and I created all plans in model space. In my case I was using Grasshopper already to orient the geometry from a freeform roof structure to XY plane and Elefront to create all dimensions so it wasn’t much additional effort to go this road…

My layouts were solely the detail frames. Everything else was done in Grasshopper

Hoi Albert -

That feature request is on the list as RH-2462.

Perhaps it’s easier to print to PDF, open the PDF in Rhino and save that as DWG?
-wim

Hoi Wim,

That works but not what I want, I want to keep the viewports and so on, so a real converted drawing.

image001.jpg

Albert -

Clearly I’m not understanding the issue. Doesn’t then just exporting as DWG work?
I don’t use AutoCAD, but when I save a Rhino file with layouts as DWG and then open that DWG in Rhino, I get all the viewports and all the layouts - a real converted drawing. Or?
-wim

Hi Wim,

It works as described In the original topic,

at the moment I duplicate the whole file, delete everything except the used 2D drawing and layout, then I purge the file and then export it to DWG.
quite a work around,

but it is time consuming. I was hoping there is a shorter, more logic way to get this done.

What I want is to export the layout and that then all used curves, hatches etc (in modelspace). are also exported with it.

As result I have then a dwg with the layout and modelspace with only the used items in it.

image001.jpg