Export Leaders to Autocad

Not working. Is there any way to get these leaders to dwg?

Hi @arch,

Seems to work fine in Rhino 5.

I’ve reported this issue - https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-40359

– Dale

Hi Dale,

I tried with Rhino 5. It did export but in autocad rather than a leader, you get a leader with text and a separate multiline text object

Hi Arch,
When you Export DWG or DXF from Rhino 5 and import to AutoCAD 2017/2018 (what I tested), you get a Mtext object and a Leader object that are not associated together, like the AutoCAD MLeader object.

Currently, there is a bug in Rhino 6 WIP, there the Rhino Leaders are not exporting to DWG/DXF and are being skipped as an unsupported object type.
I have added this to Dale’s bug, as the outcome that you prefer is a Mleader.

In the mean time before the fix, your work around is to save the Rhino file back to Rhino 5. And from Rhino 5, SaveAs or Export DWG or DXF. Import into AutoCAD and you will have the same result as Rhino 5.

One caution, AutoCAD opens the Rhino 3DM but skips all the Rhino annotation objects from Rhino 5 or Rhino 6. I am not sure if they have plans to support more of the Rhino file. But unless you are only concerned about the surface, polysurfaces and curves - this is not a good option in both AutoCAD 2017 & 2018.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
We will notify you here when the bug is fixed.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier

1 Like

RH-40359 is fixed in the latest WIP

Thanks for doing that! Works nicely.