Exo Wireframe on two connected Geodesic Domes?

Hello,

I’m trying to apply the Exo Wireframe (A) to a two connected layers geodesic shape (B)

The script produces an error and I think it’s due to the fact that three points are generated at each intersection (due to Discontinuity) and so it produces three overlapped lines each time, which I think create the error when it tries to produce the Exowire Frame. If I manually remove the other lines, the Exowire frame step works. What could I do to produce the connections between the two geodesic structure without having overlapped lines?

Step_B

The last step would be to randomly generate the connected lines between the two layers, and their shape to be “fluid”. I’m having a trouble at this step too because I used «populate geometry» but it produces the same position of points on each line, so it’s not random. And when I try to connect them, the result is not fluid, I believe it’s because it’s not connected to a «node». Is there any way to have those random positioned connected lines with a more fluid and organic aspect ( (like the one at the intersection of the faces)?

ExoWireframe_Geodesicform.gh (13.9 KB)

1 Like

Your “random” links do not intersect with the lower dome.

I think the biggest issue are the links connecting the domes nodes.

Can you post the def which produced the image on the right?

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. The image “step 3” on the right was done by manually drawing lines between the two baked domes in rhino. Then, in grasshopper, I applied the Exowire frame to the drawn lines. But I was not able to draw it from scratch just using grasshopper…

It is a fun little puzzle. I will try to fix it tonight and I will get back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like