Display Issue?

Hello,

I am having an issue with VisualARQ displaying the edges of objects which have filleted edges in Hidden mode. The edges just disappear, unless the object/block is defined as a VisualArq element in which case it displays correctly with edges.

Why is this? It would be useful if all objects could display correctly to enable a hybrid/flexible approach, so we wouldn’t necessarily have to define every single object in the project as a VisualArq object.

Some objects, even VisualArq elements dont seem to work so well with filleted edges in general. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it something that will be fixed at some point?

Hi @Ben_B can you share that particular example? please send it to visualarq@asuni.com and we will take a look. Of course, you should see the objects properly regardless if they are VA objects or not.
Thanks,

Thank you Francesc, yes - this was just a file for testing on my new laptop (4k screen, which could have something to do with it?) as I don’t think I had this problem on my other computer.

Another weird bug I am finding (and have had for a while) is the selection of objects in hidden mode using the selection window (ie. dragging to the right while holding the Left mouse button). When I do this, any object that is fully beneath another object, which is therefore invisible in hidden mode, does not get selected. This can be very frustrating as you can imagine!

Any help would be great, thank you in advance.

VA_Hidden Mode Testing.3dm (3.5 MB)

Hi @Ben_B, thanks for the file,
We will check it out and try to fix this issue.

This is done on purpose. The Hidden display mode doesn’t let you select what you don’t see. That way you can work in plan or section view and avoid selecting objects by mistake in other levels or behind some walls.

Ah I s[quote=“fsalla, post:4, topic:118475”]
This is done on purpose.
[/quote]

Ahah I see - ok that makes sense, I can live with it!

Hi Ben, I’m glad to say we have fixed this issue in VisualARQ 2.11, just released! VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.11 released