Dialog windows not resizable

I just downloaded Rhino 6 for Windows, but unfortunately I can’t use it because the dialog windows (Document properties, Options, etc) are taller than the screen, and they are not resizable from the top edge. Is there a fix for this?

Windows 10, 64 bit, 1920 x 1080 on 16" screen, 150% scaling.

Hi Bjorn - see if the test command testResetWindowPositions helps. You’ll need to type the entire command name (or copy/paste).

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal. I tried the command, then restarted Rhino, but no change.

Bjorn

Hi Bjorn - I’ve never heard of this, I don’t think… I guess I’d change to 100% screen and see if that allows you to shrink the dialogs and then go back to 150%…?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks again for your help.

Yes I can change to 100% screen temporarily while I use the dialog window, but that is very tedious. I’m pretty sure that this is a high DPI screen issue, but high DPI screens have been around for years now.

I have played around with Rhino now for a few hours, and it looks like a great CAD. But broken dialog windows functionality would be a deal killer for me.

Hi Bjorn - sorry - I meant, change to 100%, shrink the dialogs, and then return to 150% to see if they now can be resized as you need.

-Pascal

I am able to resize the dialog window when at 100% screen scaling, but Rhino sets a limit on the smallest height of the dialog window, and that height is still to tall to fit my screen. I tried to find a setting for dialog window size in the Advanced section, but I couldn’t find it. So this issue looks unsolvable. See screenshot below.

Hi Bjorn - yes, I see - 150% on a 1080 screen just does not work for scaling Options but it still does work as a dialog - I think you can get at everything you need, correct?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I can’t even see or reach the buttons at the bottom to confirm my changes in the options window, so I can’t do any changes.

There is no real reason why this dialog window has a smallest height, and in my case it unfortunately makes the app unusable.

Am I really the first person to notice this? I get very frustrated by these kinds of silly issues, because as a programmer I know this is not difficult to get right. You should see what SolidWorks looks like on my computer. A total mess.

Thanks again Pascal, I will report this as a bug to McNeel.

Bjorn