Default.rui toolbar

Hello,

I created my own .rui and close the default.rui to just my own but, for whatever reason I can’t find out, whenever I start Rhino6 the default.rui is open again.

Is a Bug?

Thanks

Hello - if you are making your own custom toolbar, save it to a different name (not ‘default.rui’) and make sure you save it to a writable location - the default location is fine. Is that what you are doing?

-Pascal

Hello @pascal

Yes, I save with my name, I dont replace the Default.rui, I close de Default.rui and just my active.

Every time Rhino start the Defaut.rui turn on again, so I have the default.rui + my.rui active.

Thanks

Hello - when you do this, make sure all other Rhinos are closed - only one running, close default.rui. close Rhino, then restart Rhino - any luck?

-Pascal

is that ever going to change, i’ve lost so many mods even though i’m super aware.

No luck, there is just my rhino problem?, this happens to you to?

Thanks

Hello - one more thing to try is to rename this file:

“C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\settings-Scheme__Default.xml”

with Rhino closed, and then make your changes and close and reopen Rhino.

-Pascal

Same problem, I can rename this file, but rhino create another one on startup, I believe
that is a bug?

Thanks

Hello - the idea of renaming is to force Rhino to create a new default one at startup - I guess that did not help though… I’ll ask the developer for a hint what to do next.
@MatrixRatrix - the developer looked into where this stuff is held - there is a different xml file

“C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\Toolbars (dc297053-96c0-4883-a688-8326b4e024a8)\settings\settings-Scheme__Default.xml”

Please send us that, then rename it with Rhino closed and start a new Rhino, set it up how you like and see if anything changes for the better.

Also, @MatrixRatrix If you have a toolbar settings file in

%ProgramData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\

please delete that file.

-Pascal

Hello @pascal

I did as you said and this time it already worked, when I start the rhino no longer starts Default.rui file.

So, I assume that the process of customizing the tools cannot include renaming the defaut file on folder xxx, rigth? Is this a bug?

Hello - I think once that ‘extra’ file is gone, this will not happen again.

-Pascal

Thank you @pascal

But I think it is not supposed to be like this, this extra file should cease to exist when Default.rui is closed by the user through the options, yes?

Thanks

Hi - no, Rhino will always make sure that the xml settings file exists. If it has been deleted, a factory-default version will be added. When you then, in the Rhino UI, close the default toolbar, that fact will be written to that xml file and will be read next time you launch Rhino.

Apparently there must have been something with the settings file on your system that got in the way of things. The thinking here is that deleting that corrupt settings file on your system fixed that.
-wim