Curtain Wall Won't Print (Unless it's Exploded

Curtain Walls seem to have a printing issue?

Below is the Detail View in Layout Space:

!
Below is how it prints when it’s intact:

Below is how it prints when it’s exploded:

I’ll upload the file to DropBox.

@djhg I got your file. And it prints well in my case… Which VisualARQ version are you running? Which printer settings are you using?

I think I’m going to stand down on attempting to print from any line representations in a 3d view and cease experimentation with this. There are too many issues with line weight and proper fill representation, let alone objects disappearing completely. A work-around is to set the object display representation to a different view mode for now.

Back to the occasional shaded view, but relying on VaSectionView for drafting…

@djhg,
We would like to know more about these line-weight and fill issues, just in case we haven’t fixed them already. Make sure you are using the last VisualARQ version.
Thanks,

Here’s the fill situation (not this particular post but the entire thread):

As to line attributes, it’s just too overwhelming to attempt to find a display representation which removes hidden lines, respects line weights by layer, shows colour tone on particular objects, renders proper fill patterns on sectioned Va Objects, prints with sharp vector lines, and sometimes enables transparency and sometimes renders dark tone to distinguish glass panels on windows. I have taken to using a Va Section View superimposed over a shaded 3d view with glass objects SetObjectDisplayMode to Rendered. It’s cumbersome.

@djhg, there is a trick you can do to get “real time” 2D drawings of the model to vector output with materials, shadows, transparencies, etc…
Basically you need to place 2 details showing the same view, one on top of the other, and put one in Hidden display, and the other in Rendered/Realistic/etc display.
The printing result will show both vector and raster output results mixed.

Yes, that’s what I was referring to above.

Yesterday I uploaded a video showing that trick for getting 2D vector drawings with lighting: https://youtu.be/wZbDUH_VcBA